qScript™ XLT cDNA SuperMix is a next-generation tool for first-strand cDNA synthesis, providing a highly sensitive and easy-to-use solution for two-step RT-PCR and RT-qPCR. qScript XLT is an engineered M-MLV reverse transcriptase with reduced RNase H activity and improved activity and stability at higher temperatures. Combined with a precise mixture of reaction components, this SuperMix enables superior results over a wide dynamic range of input RNA, with up to 8-fold higher sensitivity than cDNA synthesis kits utilizing an RNase H(+) reverse transcriptase (RT).
This 5X concentrated master mix provides all necessary components (except RNA template) for first-strand synthesis including: buffer, dNTPs, MgCl2, primers, RNase inhibitor protein, qScript XLT reverse transcriptase and stabilizers. The unique blend of oligo (dT) and random primers in the qScript XLT cDNA SuperMix captures unbiased representation of all RNA sequences into cDNA product (including the 5’-end, 3’-end, or central regions of long RNAs) and works exceptionally well with a wide variety of RNA templates. However, due to the relatively short average length of random-primed first-strand product, amplicon length for conventional RT-PCR applications should be limited to 1 kb or less.
Features & Benefits
- Stabilised 5X concentrated master mix simplifies reaction assembly and improves accuracy by minimizing pipetting steps.
- Optimized, double pre-primed SuperMix provides equal representation of 5′ and 3′ RNA sequences ≤ 1kb for quantitative and conventional two-step RT-PCR.
- Improved RNA template binding affinity for increased yields with problematic sequences or complex secondary structure.
- Perform more qPCR assays from limiting amounts of RNA with 2-3 fold improved cDNA yields over older enzyme technologies.
- Broad linear dynamic detection range spanning up to 108 fold.
Single-tube, 5X concentrated reagent containing:
- Reaction buffer with optimized concentrations of molecular-grade MgCl2, dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP
- Recombinant ribonuclease inhibitor protein (RIP)
- qScript XLT reverse transcriptase
- Titrated concentrations of random hexamer and oligo(dT) primer
- Proprietary enzyme stabilizers and performance-enhancing additives
Shipping & Storage
qScript™ XLT cDNA SuperMix is stable for 1 year when stored in a constant temperature freezer at 20°C. The kit may be stored at 80°C to extend the product’s shelf life. qScript™ XLT cDNA SuperMix showed no loss in functional performance after 20 cycles of freezing on dry ice and thawing on ice
After thawing, mix thoroughly (vortex!) before using.