AccuStart Genotyping ToughMix, ROX is a 2X concentrated ready-to-use reaction cocktail for PCR amplification of DNA templates that overcomes inhibitors often present in crude samples extracted from environmental specimens, plant tissues, or animal tissues. AccuStart Genotyping ToughMix, ROX contains all required reaction components, except primers, probes, and DNA template. The light blue color of the AccuVue™ tracer dye simplifies reaction assembly in white, or clear, plates and helps to minimize pipetting or mixing errors.
The mix’s proprietary polymerase mix is highly resistant to PCR inhibitors and provides an extremely stringent automatic hot-start allowing reaction assembly, and temporary storage, at room temperature prior to PCR amplification. AccuStart Genotyping ToughMix, ROX is compatible with both fast and conventional PCR cycling protocols.
Features & Benefits
- Bullet-Proof Genotyping – easily overcome tough PCR inhibitors
- Short Run Times—fast cycling protocols enable more experiments
- Signal Optimisation – robust genotyping with lower primer & probe concentrations required
- Flexible Workflow – assembled reactions stable 3 days pre/post-PCR
- Applied Biosystems 7000
- Applied Biosystems 7300
- Applied Biosystems 7900 series
- Applied Biosystems StepOne™ instruments
2X reaction buffer containing optimised concentrations of MgCl2, dNTPs (dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP), hot-start DNA polymerase, ROX reference dye, AccuVue blue qPCR dye, and stabilizers.
AccuStart Genotyping ToughMix, ROX is stable for 2 years when stored in a constant temperature freezer at –20°C.
For convenience, it may be stored unfrozen at 2 to 8°C for up to 6 months.
After thawing, mix thoroughly before using. Repeated freezing and thawing does not affect PCR performance.