PerfeCTa MultiPlex qPCR ToughMix is a 5X concentrated, ready-to-use reaction cocktail for real-time quantitative PCR (qPCR) with ToughMix reagent technology that neutralizes a broad spectrum of PCR inhibitors that compromise assay performance with crude extracts, clinical specimens, plant, soil environmental or complex food matrix. The only necessary user-supplied materials are probe assays and DNA samples. Extra-concentrated reagent provide more flexibility with dilute DNA samples sensitivity. PerfeCta MultiPlex qPCR ToughMix has been rigorously optimized to deliver maximum assay precision, sensitivity and PCR efficiency in miniaturized reaction volumes with either conventional or accelerated thermal cycling conditions.
Suppression of low copy amplicons by high copy reference targets during multiplex co-amplification skews the apparent representation and quantification of low copy target sequences. PerfeCTa MultiPlex qPCR ToughMix transcends these limitations by enabling 6 orders of magnitude in sensitive, linear assay performance with concurrent amplification of four abundant targets at 106 each. PerfeCTa MultiPlex qPCR ToughMix results in multiplexed qPCR with dynamic range and sensitivity that are comparable to single-plex qPCR probe assays without the need to rigorously titrate primer concentration.
A key component of PerfeCTa MultiPlex qPCR ToughMix is an ultra pure, highly processive thermostable DNA polymerase that is combined with high avidity monoclonal antibodies. This proprietary polymerase mix is highly resistant to PCR inhibitors and provides an extremely stringent automatic hot-start allowing reaction assembly, and temporary storage, at room temperature prior to PCR amplification.
Features & Benefits
- Tough tested – overcomes common qPCR inhibitors
- Supports sensitive, highly-multiplex detection assays (5-target)
- Supports fast or conventional PCR cycling
- Broad linear dynamic range
Real Time PCR Instruments
- Applied Biosystems 7500
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast
- Stratagene Mx3000P®
- Stratagene Mx3005P™
- Stratagene Mx4000™
- Applied Biosystems ViiA 7
- Applied Biosystems QuantStudio™
- Agilent AriaMx
- Douglas Scientific IntelliQube®
- QIAGEN Rotor-Gene Q
- Single-tube, 5X concentrated reagent containing:
- Reaction buffer with optimized concentrations of molecular-grade MgCl2, dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP.
- AccuStart II Taq DNA Polymerase.
- Proprietary enzyme stabilizers and performance-enhancing additives.
- Titrated reference dye (if applicable).
Storage & Shipping
PerfeCTa Multiplex qPCR ToughMix is stable for up to 2 years when stored in a constant temperature freezer at -20°C, protected from light. Repeated freezing and thawing of the reagent will not affect assay performance. Reagent may also be stored unfrozen at 4°C for up to 6 months, protected from light.