UltraPlex® 1-Step ToughMix® is a ready-to-use, 4X concentrated master mix 1-step reverse transcription and real-time quantitative PCR (RT-qPCR) of RNA templates using probe-based detection methods. First-strand cDNA synthesis and PCR amplification are carried out in the same tube without opening between steps. Optimized to deliver highly sensitive quantification of RNA viruses or low abundance RNA targets in uni- or highly multiplexed RNA detection assays, this reagent chemistry is optimized to deliver maximum assay sensitivity, precision and reproducibility with miniaturized reaction volumes and either conventional or accelerated thermal cycling protocols. UltraPlex® 1-Step ToughMix® contains all required components for RT-qPCR except RNA template and probe and is compatible with all dual-labelled probe chemistries.
Features & Benefits
- 4x concentrated SuperMix reagent supports increased sample input volume, improving flexibility with extremely low yield templates (1 pg total RNA)
- ToughMix reagent technology neutralizes a broad spectrum of PCR inhibitors
- Superior assay sensitivity and specificity with ultrapure AccuStart II enzyme technology
- Temperature stabilized master mix enables convenient setup at ambient room temperature
- 4X reaction buffer containing optimized titrations of qPCR-grade dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP, and magnesium.
- Ultra-pure recombinant proteins: qScript XLT reverse transcriptase, RNase inhibitor protein, and AccuStart II hot-start Taq DNA polymerase.
- Proprietary stabilizers additives and optimized ROX passive reference dye (if applicable).
Storage & Shipping
Store components in a constant temperature freezer at -25°C to -15°C protected from light upon receipt.
Repeated freezing and thawing does not affect RT-qPCR performance.