UltraPlex One-Step ToughMix is a ready-to-use, 4X concentrated master mix 1-step reverse transcription and real-time quantitative PCR (RT-qPCR) of RNA templates using probe-based detection methods. First-strand cDNA synthesis and PCR amplification are carried out in the same tube without opening between steps. Optimized to deliver highly sensitive quantification of RNA viruses or low abundance RNA targets in uni- or highly multiplexed RNA detection assays, this reagent chemistry is optimized to deliver maximum assay sensitivity, precision and reproducibility with miniaturized reaction volumes and either conventional or accelerated thermal cycling protocols. UltraPlex 1-Step ToughMix contains all required components for RT-qPCR except RNA template and probe and is compatible with all dual-labeled probe chemistries.
Features & Benefits
- 4X concentrated master mix allows greater flexibility with dilute samples – as little as 1 pg of total RNA.
- Multiplexing capable with up to 5 targets
- Tough-tested for applications where PCR inhibition from template impurities may be a concern, such as: crude extracts, clinical specimens, or environmental samples.
- Temperature stabilized master mix enables convenient reaction setup at ambient room temperature.
- 4X reaction buffer containing optimized titrations of qPCR-grade dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP, and magnesium.
- Ultra-pure recombinant proteins: qScript XLT reverse transcriptase, RNase inhibitor protein, and AccuStart II hot-start Taq DNA polymerase.
- Proprietary stabilizers additives and optimized ROX passive reference dye (if applicable).
Storage & Shipping
UltraPlex One-Step ToughMix is stable for up to one year when stored in a constant temperature freezer at ‑20ºC protected from light. Please refer to the CoA or box label for the expiration date. Repeated freezing and thawing does not affect RT-qPCR performance.