Extracta DNA Prep for PCR is a two-component reagent kit for rapid extraction of PCR-ready genomic DNA from mammalian tissues. Tissues are processed in 35 minutes with little hands-on time. Compared to a conventional proteinase-K process this is significantly faster with fewer handling steps. The genomic DNA is suitable for sensitive downstream PCR applications including end-point PCR, High Resolution Melt Analysis (HRM) and quantitative real-time PCR (qPCR) without requiring any additional clean-up. In addition the extracted DNA may be used in multiplexed PCR applications such as transgene or knock-out analyses. Tissue extractions can be done in tubes, plates or deep-well blocks to allow for adaptation to workflow and automation on liquid-handling workstations.
Features & Benefits
- Simple, fast protocol requires minimal pipette skill.
- DNA is suitable for qPCR, High Resolution Melt Analysis, endpoint PCR and other applications
- Works with a spectrum of tissues including whole blood, clinical specimens, swabs, mouse tail snip, fish fin clip, plant and seed.
- DNA extraction may be performed in a standard PCR thermal cycler for additional throughput.
- Extraction Reagent (1 x 25 mL or 2 x 125 mL)
- Stabilization Buffer (1 x 25 mL or 2 x 125 mL)
Extracta DNA Prep buffers can be stored indefinitely at ambient room temperature.