These Geneaid Plasmid DNA Extraction Midi/Maxi Kits use pre-packed anion-exchange resin columns for plasmid DNA purification from bacterial cultures. Modified Alkaline Lysis method and RNase treatment are used to obtain clear cell lysate with minimal genomic DNA/RNA contaminants. Using an efficient gravity-flow procedure, plasmid DNA in the crude lysate is bound to the column and the contaminants are removed with the PW Buffer. The purified plasmid DNA is eluted by a high salt buffer and then precipitated with Isopropanol for desalting. The entire procedure can be completed in 2 hours without ultracentrifuges, HPLC or other toxic reagents.
Plasmid DNA midi endotoxin removal kits and plasmid DNA maxi endotoxin removal kits are also available.
Please contact us regarding a sample for the most suitable kit
Features & Benefits
- High Yield: >400 µg of pure transfection grade plasmid DNA from 100 ml of cultured bacterial cells
- Convenient: TrueBlue Lysis Buffer is an optional color indicator included with this plasmid kit in order to reduce common handling errors, while ensuring efficient cell lysis and neutralization and maximum plasmid product yield so you can feel confident with each and every plasmid prepSample Volume: 50-150 ml of cultured bacterial cells
- Format: Plasmid Midi Anion-Exchange Resin Columns and Filter Columns (membrane optimized for plasmid DNA purification)
- Elution Volume: 500 µl – 2 ml
- Operation time: within 80 minutes (only 40 minutes when combined with the Presto™ Plasmid Concentrator)
Shipping & Storage
Dry store at room temperature (15-25°C) for up to two years