The Geneaid™ DNA Isolation Kit (Blood) offers a simple and gentle reagent DNA precipitation method for isolating high molecular weight genomic, mitochondrial or viral DNA suitable for archiving or sensitive downstream applications. This highly versatile solution based system can be scaled proportionately in order to satisfy larger sample volumes providing a convenient sample-storage procedure with minimal hands on time. Initially cells are lysed in the presence of detergents and a proprietary DNA stabilization solution followed by RNase A treatment. Once proteins and other contaminants are removed DNA is precipitated then rehydrated. The high quality extracted DNA is ready for use in a variety of downstream applications.
Features & Benefits
- Isolate high molecular weight DNA for archiving or sensitive downstream applications
- High yield, High quality DNA (A260/A280 = 1.8-2.0)
- Sample: 300 µl of whole blood, 3 ml of whole blood, 10 ml of whole blood, 10 ml of compromised whole blood
- Easily scalable to satisfy larger blood sample volumes
- Minimal hands on time
- Convenient, simple and gentle reagent DNA precipitation method
Blood Functional Test Data
- RBC Lysis Buffer
- Cell Lysis Buffer
- Protein Removal Buffer
- DNA Hydration Buffer (10 mM Tris-HCL, 1 mM EDTA, pH8.0)
- RNase A (10 mg/ml) – not included with GEB01K
Dry at room temperature (15-25 deg C). RNase should be stored at 4 deg C for extended periods.