Proteinase K is a non-specific serine protease which remains active in detergents and reagents over a broad pH range (4.0-12.5, optimum pH8.0) and is also stable over the temperature range of 25ºC to 65ºC during use. Proteinase K is useful for protein digestion and contamination removal during nucleic acid purification to prepare RNA and high molecular weight DNA for subsequent reactions. Maintaining consistent storage conditions is essential as temperature fluctuations can affect product stability. For optimal performance, prepare Proteinase K just prior to use.
Features & Benefits
- Active in detergents and reagents
- Broad pH range (4.0-12.5, optimum pH8.0)
- Active temperature range of 25°C to 65°C during use
- Lyopholized Proteinase K retains enymatic activity at room temperature for extended periods
- Effective protein digestion and contamination removal
Protein digestion and contamination removal during nucleic acid purification to prepare RNA and high molecular weight DNA for subsequent reactions
Lyophilized Proteinase K should be stored at 2-8ºC for extended periods.