The Presto™ 96 Well Plasmid Kit was designed for high-throughput purification of plasmid DNA from 1-5 ml of cultured bacterial cells per well using an efficient 96 well filter plate and 96 well binding plate system. A modified alkaline lysis method and RNase treatment are used to obtain clear cell lysate with minimal genomic DNA and RNA contaminants. Typical yields are 20-35 μg for high-copy number plasmid or 3-10 μg for low-copy number plasmid from 4 ml of cultured bacterial cells. DNA phenol extraction or alcohol precipitation is not required and the entire procedure can be completed within 25 minutes. The purified plasmid DNA is ready for use in restriction enzyme digestion, ligation, PCR, and sequencing reactions.
Features & Benefits
- Purify 96 wells of pure plasmid DNA in 25 minutes!
- Sample Volume: 1-5 ml of cultured bacterial cells per well
- Yield: 20-35 μg per well (high-copy plasmid), 3-10 μg per well (low-copy plasmid)
- Binding Capacity: 35 μg per well
- Plasmid Size Range: 1-20 kb
- 96 well plates for filtration and DNA binding
- Elution Volume: 60 μl from 100 μl elution buffer volume
- Centrifuge or vacuum manifold protocol
Shipping & Storage
Dry store at room temperature (15-25°C) for up to two years