The Mini-Beadbeater-1 is a high-energy cell disrupter designed for one sample at a time. It has four speeds and a digital timer. It is convenient for up to about 20 vial samples per day but if your throughput is larger, it is best to consider the MBB-16 or MBB-96. Protocols using different models of the mini-beadbeaters are transferrable with little (if any) modification.
- violently agitates a sealed microcentrifuge vial containing cells or tissue, extraction solution and tiny glass, zirconia or steel beads.
- completely homogenizes resistant yeast or fibrous tissues in about 3 minutes in 0.1 to 1.0 ml of homogenization medium.
- uses a non-foaming, non-aerosol method that preserves enzymes, nucleic acids and organelles.
- is ideal for PAGE, polymerase applications and diagnosis using antibody or oligonucleotide probes.
- recovers high yields of intact DNA or RNA by simultaneous disruption and extraction in phenol, Guanidinium-SCN solutions or commercial kit reagents.
Sterile techniques are easily accommodated to recover intracellular virus and bacteria from plant and animal cells. Because the beads and vials are disposable, there is absolutely zero cross-contamination between samples – essential for PCR techniques.
Features & Benefits
- Rapid and highly efficient.
- Totally Sealed – no dangerous aerosols.
- Simple to use.
- Disposable vials and beads – no sample cross-contamination.
- Very high energy shaking – far superior to lab vortexers. Uses the proven, near horizontal shaking pattern.
- Versatile – use for up to 400 mg (wet weight) of bacteria, yeast, algae, tissue culture cells and plant and animal tissue.
- Dimensions: 13 cms W, 25 cms D, 18 cms H. Weights 4.5kgs
- Digital: Touch pad controls speed and length of homogenization.
- Selectible Oscillations/minute: 2500, 4200, 4600, and 4800.
- Throw or vial displacement 3/4 inches in horizontal axis.
- Time Setting: 0-5 minutes in 10 second increments.
- Standard 2.0 ml screw-cap microvials with a sharp conical bottom. Not designed for skirted vials.
- Cell or tissue capacity up to 400 mg (wet weight)