The Mini-Beadbeater-96 is high-energy, high-throughput cell disrupter. In a single 1-3 minute batch run it handles up to 192 samples using a microplate format or 45 samples in 1.5 or 2 ml microvials. In a busy day thousand of samples can be processed.
The Mini Beadbeater-96:
- is designed for high-throughput analytical screening of small biological samples.
- efficiently and safely disrupts up to 192 samples of spores, microorganisms, plant and animal tissue, or soil samples.
- in the beadbeating process samples, has the extraction media and tiny ceramic beads sealed in microvials or microplates.
- after 2-3 minutes of violent shaking, disrupts more than 95 percent of the cells.
- can hold 45 screwcap 2ml tubes in a provided vial holder, or one or two standard 96 deep well microplates.
Because plates, vials, and beads are disposable the method is ideal for PAGE, PCR and Probe applications where cross contamination between samples cannot be tolerated. Compatible with phenol, Gu-SCN or various commercial kit solutions, RNA/DNA is quickly recovered in the highest possible yields by the synergy of doing mechanical cell disruption and nucleic acid extraction simultaneously.
- High energy 1 HP induction motor. Requires a 10 amp dedicated line.
- Size: 46cm H X 61cm L X 40 W, 52kg.
- Sample Capacity: Holds up to 45 microvials (0.5, 1.5 & 2.0 ml), or one 2 ml deep-well microplate or two 1.1 ml deep-well microplates with each vial or well containing up to 400 mg (wet weight) of biomaterial.
- Oscillation distance or Throw: 3.2 cm
- Shaking Speed: 36 oscillations/second or 2100 oscillations/min. Disruption efficiency equivalent to that of lower throughput mini beadbeater models, thus protocols are interchangable.
- Shaking pattern: Shaking top to bottom of vial or plate in a compressed figure-8 pattern, with vials or microplate wells held in the more efficient near-horizontal orientation.
- Digital controller offers timing cycles from 0 to 5 minutes, and includes RPM control from 1400 to 2400rpm.
- Preset function available that allows up to three time/speed combinations to be stored for easy retrieval.
- No recycle delay time between sample runs.