A complete testing RT-qPCR solution for the detection of the COVID-19 virus (SARS Coronavirus 2). This kit includes improved assay design by dnature for the multiplexing format.
Validation reports for the kit state that the “dnature kit gave excellent results, superior Ct values (vs A star) on many samples and is highly suitable for use in routine clinical testing”
Features & Benefits
- Multiple targets in one tube to provide a high level to test assurance
- Includes confirmatory test – useful for low level community prevalence
- Includes human mandated internal control which controls the entire process, including extraction, to ensure a suitable sample was collected
- Two targets:
- E gene – a conserved RNA region in the virus, which does not mutate in the virus, so prevents infections being missed if there are changes in the virus.
- RdRp – a newly developed test by dnature that increases the sensitivity 200 fold in the multiplex assay. Highly sensitive for COVID-19 and confirms the E gene results
- Stabilised primer/probe mix – stable at 4°C for 6 months
- Custom mastermix – stable at room temperature for up to 2 weeks and up to 1 month at 4°C
- Shelf life of 12 months at -20°C
- No dry ice required for shipping
These instruments are being used for COVID-19 testing in New Zealand. The test was developed on the BMS Mic and validated on the QuantStudio, ABI17500 & BMS Mic.
- LightCycler 480 (Roche)
- Mic qPCR Cycler (BMS)
- CFX Touch (Biorad)
- ABI 7500 (Thermo)
- BD Max (Becton Dickinson)
- QuantStudio (Thermo)
- Panther Fusion (Hologic)
- Rotorgene (Qiagen / Corbett)